Creating Your Homepage
Your e-commerce website's homepage is the first thing visitors will see when they arrive at your website, which is why making a good first impression is essential. You want to ensure that your homepage is inviting and easy to navigate.
Some things that you may want to include on your homepage are:
- A hero image (a large banner that introduces your visitors to your brand)
- A headline (to tell visitors what your website is all about)
- A call-to-action button (to encourage visitors to take action, such as buy a product or sign up for your newsletter)
- A brief description of what you offer (to give visitors an idea of what they can expect from your website)
- Testimonials (to show off some of the great reviews that you have gotten from satisfied customers)
- Your contact information (so that visitors can get in touch with you if they have any questions or concerns)
Creating Your Collections Page
Your collections page is where you will showcase all of the products or services that you have to offer. This is where you will get creative and give your visitors a taste of what they can expect from your website.
Some things that you may want to include on your collections page are:
- Banners or images that highlight each collection
- Links to each collection
- A brief description of each collection
Creating Your Product Page
Your product page is where you will provide more information about each individual product or service that you offer. This is where potential customers will learn more about what they are interested in buying.
Some things that you may want to include on your product pages are:
- High-quality photos or videos of the product
- A detailed product description including features, dimensions, materials, etc.
- The price of the product
- "Add to cart" or "Buy now" buttons
- Customer reviews and testimonials
Creating Your Search & List Page
Last but not least, you will need a search & list page on your site so that visitors can easily find what they are looking for. This page should be easy to navigate and allow visitors to search for products by keyword, category, price range, etc.
Some things that you may want to include on your search & list page are:
- A search bar
- Filters (by keyword, category, price range, etc.) -Sort options (by most popular, alphabetical order, etc.)
- Product listings
Creating Your Ecommerce Website
Now that you know what pages and features you need on your site, it's time to start creating!
If you need help figuring out where to start, don't worry, plenty of resources are available to help you create a beautiful and fully functioning ecommerce website.
Regardless of your route, remember to keep your goal in mind--you want to create an ecommerce website that is easy to use and encourages people to buy your products!
An ecommerce website is a great way to sell products or services online. To create a successful ecommerce website, there are certain pages and features that you will need. These include a homepage, collections page, product page, search & list page, and various features such as customer reviews, a payment gateway, and more. Fortunately, many online resources, like Shopify and BigCommerce, can help even those with no prior web design experience create a professional-looking website. So what are you waiting for? Start building your own ecommerce site today!
Do you need a website but don't know where to start?
We're here to help! Website Design Chicago is a website development agency that focuses on helping small businesses create a web presence that gets them noticed. We can develop a custom website for your business or help you redesign your current website.
A well-designed website is essential to any business's marketing strategy. It's the first place potential customers will go to learn more about your company, and it's the best way to showcase your products and services. Let us help you create a website that will impress potential customers and help grow your business.
Request a free consultation with our team today! We'll discuss your needs and provide recommendations for how we can best meet them.